Saturday, September 05, 2009

Adidas Women's 5K Challenge

On Sunday I will be taking part in the Adidas Women’s 5K Challenge in Hyde Park as I have done every year since I set off the runners as Lord Mayor of Westminster in 2003.

In previous years I have taken part to raise money for my own Charity ‘Bowel Cancer’. I wanted then, and I continue to seek, to raise the profile of this terrible disease and to purchase diagnostic equipment to aid its earlier diagnosis.......... which can often mean a cure. I have bought the machine for St Marys Hospital and it has proved a great success. By taking part in the Adidas Challenge each year I have continues to raise funds which has enabled me to buy further upgrade pieces for the machine as they have become available.

The Friends of St Marys Hospital Paddington have always looked after ‘my’ money which has enabled me to spend every single penny I have raised on ‘Bowel Cancer’. Thus none of the funds I have raised has been used for expenses or to fund any kind of administration fees.

This year I want to say a big thank you to the’ Friends of St Marys’ for the great kindness and generosity that they have shown to me and so I shall be taking part in this challenge to raise funds for them. This year every penny that I raise will go to them for their work at St Marys Paddington where it will be used to provide facilities, amenities and equipment, for patients that may not be available on the National Health Service.

I know there must be many demands on your purse at this time but if you could see your way to sending something I would be most grateful. Your donation would be greatly appreciated and very wisely used.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

YOU CAN DONATE ONLINE AT www.justgiving.com/SueandJanFriends

Jan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home